BigHearts
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
If you are new to this forum please enter Introduction and click New Topic to present yourself, if you want to ofc! and Enjoy both game and this Forum<3

SOS Big Hearts

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptySat May 05, 2012 2:17 pm

I'd like to begin this post in order to help, not to criticize. That's the most important point, the only one you have to remember while reading it. I don't put all this as the gospel truth nor anything like that, please keep that in mind too.

BH is a great faction, plus with a nice guild rank (that does matter), so I think it's time for us to wake up now. We just can't stand by and see it fading away, like many factions do - and you all know I'm right about this. BH deserves we do something to keep it alive, and it should have been/said done before.
By that I mean members as graded ones.

I'm about to write a few things that I didn't have to tell in the faction I've made - as ppl did it naturally by themselves. That's why I want to write them, cause I feel - and I'm not the only one to feel it/know it.
So let's write, read and react - depends on the point of view (lol). But I repeat, don't take this as a personal attack. That's not my goal at all.

First, a few basic points.

* Everyone should at least say "hello" when log in, and "goodbye" when log off ; don't forget about a "thank you" when someone helps you, and a "please" while asking. That may seem ridiculous to say that, but it isn't natural for everyone, even if that's only common sense.

* At least, answer to a "hello" or a "goodbye". That's not much, and everyone feel pleased to get a little attention.

* That brings me to the third point : if anyone ask for help or propose it in faction chat, it's not much to answer him/her. People are free to ask and propose, and everyone is free to read it, then accept or refuse ! It's normal that ppl are often busy in this kind of game, and it's no big deal if you can't help or don't need help. Don't feel guilty nor anything, just SAY you can't help or don't need to be helped, unless ppl won't ask for help anymore, nor proposing it. Or they'll just leave the faction.

* Other point about help : first ask in faction, and if no one can help (because they're busy, most of the time), try to find a solution by yourself. It won't hurt you, plus it will allow you to meet some other nice people. A faction isn't about social assistance nor a prison. You're free to start finding help by yourself.

* If you have any problem (about any subject), feel free to talk about it in the faction chat ! Communication is essential, that's the most important thing for every single thing we have to do.

* If you don't feel well, it's better to rest than logging into a game such as PWI (or any else). Think about yourself, especially your health, in priority.

* once again, some changes on the forum would be nice too - like for example putting people in the forum's groups, delete the old accounts and old/unused posts too (or just move them to a special category). That kind of things. It gives an impression of a ghost forum, that's not very pleasant - and it's like everyone accepts the fact that BH is not doing well too.

** About communication and behaviour now, here are a few important details :

- first thing is to take the time and LISTEN (or read, here) to other people
- then, all is a matter of facts, not personal judgment and moving beyond "right" and "wrong"
- you're responsible of what you say, but not of what the other person will do of that
- but take your responsabilities once you've said or done something wrong.

Once again, if you don't say something is wrong, no one will guess it.
Same again, all that stuff may seem ridiculous for some, but it's the basic of everything after all.

The only problem is that the people who are registered here and who will read this topic do know all this, that won't solve anything. So we'll have to talk about this all together ingame.

All I said here is about facts, I've seen it. I should have screened it too - only as a proof. And you all did.
Sorry for the formal sentences, but things needed to be pointed out. Now it's all up to us to solve it all together - and quickly.

Feel free to answer/react that topic here and ingame, of course.

Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptySun May 06, 2012 10:46 am

I couldn't agree more. It's the tiny things that matter. Like my old faction that started off with 30 ppl online each day managed to kill itself by neglecting leader and dir posts and even refused to get a Faction Icon after month, when this possibility was granted.

BigHearts is a great faction, helpful and caring and most patient. I haven't been in such a great faction for so long it hurts to see the signs of danger once again. Online numbers go down, we are at a handful ppl at certain times of the day by now. Right now only one person is not afk next to me and we are only 4 ppl online. Usually when I logged on we were around 10 ppl at least by now. This is kinda happening more often now.

Mad is a great director, btw. I think the time is come to promote him to leader, because soon we might need to fully rebuild BigHearts, if the trend from now goes on and that requires a lot of ingame presence of the faction heads usually.

This said, I want to point out something that most will know and probably won't say out loud: The faction Relax was founded or at least strengthened by some ppl leaving BigHearts a while ago. This usually wouldn't be a problem, it's how things are in games, but... in this special occasion there seems to be some severe member catching going on. Half of the ppl in BigHearts already play in Relax or transfer their mains over. A notable number fully leaves... There are undeniable arguments Relax can use, and I only cite them by guessing, but ingame dynamics are rather simple... They have a base, they have ppl you know and like and they are active, come here. True, a base isn't of much value, at least not in a way, that would explain the costs of it, but ppl don't think that way. It gives them an advantage and they usually weren't the ones paying...so they want to have it. Even more though, if you have ppl around you played with before and liked. Even so there is no illwill intended, this can kill the 'old' faction. It gets slowly drained... and I'm sure everyone can feel that happening to BH by now. Something seems to be wrong in the way ppl leave these days and also that alot of ppl left, that just one day before stated how much they love the faction... to pop up in Relax the next time you see them.

Truly, I like BigHearts too much to stay silent, while seeing this shadow lurking above it. There is not much that can be done though and by no means I want to say, that we need a faction base. I just wanted to explain how things like that can lure away ppl. What I want to say though is, that we should brace ourselves that soon we might need to heavily rebuild the faction, cutting all old ties... Hopefully we can get the break in before that happens. I just want to be honest about this, I'm so tired and sad seeing the same thing happening all over and over and over... I want to fight to ward this off and that includes saying things out loud, only that way it can be shared, discussed or counteracted. I would be glad to hear more opinions on this. Every input is valuable. Smile
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptySun May 06, 2012 4:42 pm

All the little details I've pointed out are the signs of the end of a faction. At least, the beginning of the end.

And to conclude, there are too many "coincidences" about Relax and all the BH departures. I've never seen them recruit on world chat, and believe me that I spent many time on PW some days.

So now, as Nova, I will wait for the reactions. It's really time to wake up and hurry.

Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptySun May 06, 2012 9:44 pm

Sometimes it's like bewitched. This day started with making me feel so worried and uneasy and then it developed into one of the best days in BH I could imagine! Gor was there, Fracus visited us and among all we had a lot of new fresh hearties joining in (Travis had the most lucky recruiting hand of us today;)). All were carefree and chit chatting away. Makes me really happy, that I had so much time to play today. Smile Just wanted to say that, before I go to sleep... thx everyone for the fun day! sunny
Back to top Go down
TsarBomba

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptySun May 06, 2012 11:23 pm

I feel that this problem isn't so much a new thing. Tbh, I've considered leaving BH for a long time, but something in me kept hoping it would change. No matter how many times the issue has been raised with the members, the problem still persists. This is why I eventually gave up and moved to Relax. NOT because they have a base (quite frankly, doing base quests as part of my daily is a chore I'd rather not have). BigHearts stopped feeling like BigHearts when our own members would usually ignore eachother when someone asks for help with a big thing, like TT runs. Like Travis said in the first post - it's not too much to ask for a response, even a 'no, I can't atm' or a 'sorry I'm not able to' or even a plain 'I don't feel up to it right now' would make a world of a difference. The whole mentality here is really a 'me, me, me' mentality which hasn't changed for a while. We only have a few people that actively help, and a lot more that constantly demand plvls, money, equips etc. for free.

The other problem is an imbalanced distribution of levels, which is why a lot of people left earlier this year/last year for other factions. I know I am not helping the problem, but I have seen so many people level up, and leave us during my 2 or 3 years in BigHearts. There's been a lot of people we helped for a long time, and it feels like we are just being used. We help them get stronger, and they leave us. It just got to the point where nobody would (or more correctly, could) help with stuff I needed help with, namely RB and TT. This wouldn't have been so much of an issue a few years ago, where TT90 was considered EPIC. Today I can barely find squads for anything because everyone expects 5k+ hp and at least r8 gears. Obviously, I won't be getting an invite anytime soon. I guess the selfish mentality also rubbed off on me. It just saddens me a little that no matter how many TTs I help with, I don't get the same help back. While other members are getting their gears for almost free, I have to merch for mine, and that takes time. It will take another month or so for me to get R8 and TT99. True, others didn't need help for their gears, but one cannot look at that and tell me 'they got theirs on their own, why can't you?' because I can just say the same thing to the other people I helped. There is almost no faction mentality left.

I guess the above paragraph in a nutshell bluntly, would be I'm sick and tired of running/healing for BH29/39/51/59/69 all day (79/89 I don't mind as usually the people who need that are good friends), for hours on end before I can even do my own things, and I don't get help when I need it most. It's sickening how chat would be very lively and then I ask if anyone wants to help with something everyone just shuts up and pretends AFK. Especially when TT is involved.

As for Relax, they do actively recruit on WC, but they are on a different timezone to most of you I think. Main reason I went there was because people were not afraid of helping or saying no when they can't. I also have a few friends who were in there even before I joined, not just /tabby/. They still have the occassional kid who begs for stuff, like any other faction however, I feel a lot less stressed there. There's not as much pressure on me to help with things - nobody just suddenly sends me a PM asking for help. There were a few times in BigHearts where I was PMed by someone who probably very recently joined while I was not on, asking for help. I have not even talked to that person, met that person, and that person has not asked in faction chat first. Just BAM 'pls help my friend he needs res plis'. I find that incredibly rude, I am not a res machine, and I do not like helping people who don't even bother introducing themselves. It felt like they thought the faction roster was a help menu where they can choose whoever they wanted to help. I told them to ask in faction chat first, after I eventually found out they were a faction member, but this behaviour continued.

By now, you all probably hate me, and I don't blame you. I have just said a lot of bad things about you guys after all. If you don't then I will be one happy fail nub cleric, and my doors are always open if my friends need help.

To Dashka, King_Obo, Haza, Gorram, SabreElf, _mircea_, Michiko_x, Selet, tealock, YokoMano, |Snuggles|, Yakuu, Omecihuatl, AmazinglyMad, TravisTDown, Noobylicious, angelke, Skitya, Eschenbow, NovaMaid, Axe_Lord, Claudija...

Thank you from the bottom of my heart, for the wonderful times I shared with you, even though many of you will not read this. When we all go our own ways, I would like to wish you all good luck, and best wishes for your current and future endeavours, whatever they may be, wherever they may take you.

Take care everyone,
Tsar
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:46 am

First, thanks a lot for writing all this. Such a precise and detailed answer, like I love them. Like I used to have in the three factions I was in before.

Telling us all this is really representative of all you had to want through since the beginning here, and I won't be the one to blame you at all. Now I can understand even better why you left Big Hearts, and sadly I feel like I might do the same. Won't leave to come in Relax though.

Not for the helping stuff, cause I'm sincerely not the most active member in BH, but because things won't change for now. See, after all... you're in Relax, and still you're the only one with Nova to answer this. I think that shows everything.

And Tsar is right about that too, many other things have changed.
First the whole game mentality (power level, and all these people who want everything immediatly - and many get it using RL money of course, etc etc), same about the squad demands for some classes - for example a Sin who wanna do a Nirvy run. He HAS to got the best equipment and all. People demand to see your weapon before getting invited, and all. What can you answer to these people ? That you're living alone, working hard, paying rent + bills and that you can't afford to pay to play ??

I have to say PWI has changed a lot, and it's not that easy to play "for pleasure" in there sometimes.

I've started the topic to save that pleasure I found back in Big Hearts many times, to do my best to save what was again able to be saved... but I'm deceived that there aren't many reactions for now.

Thanks again to Nova and Tsar for sharing your opinions. Now waiting for some other reactions - mature and considered ones, if possible. Some of us already showed us the way.

By advance, many thanks.

Back to top Go down
TsarBomba

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 8:36 am

At this point the only real solution is to recruit people that don't need as much babying. I mean, seriously, mystics asking for help with Smythe outside bh79?! Caster/range classes asking for help at Charr?! Someone had a squad that was perfectly capable of doing BH39, yet 'saved' last spot for me when I was done with my dailies, just so the run could go faster. I was under the impression nobody else needed BH39 at platform scratch The only reason I see that happening is they think if they say the magic words 'I need help with x' they will get help, and they don't even want to enjoy the challenge of pushing themselves, and seeing what their character is capable of.

It probably sounds mean, but from now, recruiting 70+ (unless it's someone you personally know to be a mature player) might be a good start to fixing these issues. There are a number of BH59 and above squads, and it would help make the level disparity within BigHearts a little smaller. We all know as time approaches infinity the likelihood of someone leaving tends to true. If we give those people a 'shorter' time span to get to 100, then we would have a number of people 100+ at the same time, reducing the urge to leave for other more active factions. Just a suggestion - I know this isn't what Dashka (she raised the lv requirement to 20+ at one point) and Yoh (she took level requirement away after a while) wanted, but times have changed, and fighting against the flow is not really working out. If you can't beat them join them eh? Everyone these days are about numbers, so it makes sense we change and recruit numbers, and make people out of them if they prove to be worthy. While we are on the topic of numbers, there are too many lowbies and not enough high levels to even it out, so more reason to raise the level requirement.

And someone please get across the fact that if you run TT you will most likely get more money than your repairs and pots from mats and fairy boxes, so that's profit. Not a loss so people should stop shying away from TT! Many times when I helped lowbies with TT runs, and gave all mats to them, I still made more than I used in repairs and pots just from the fairy boxes. Same goes for RB. Do a successful run and you have a lot of coins right there, depending on your repair bill (feel sorry for barb). You don't need pro gears. Delta is for 85+ the really old videos on youtube have people doing a full run with gear thats a lot worse than what most of us (yes, even me - Shock! Horror!) so it's never too early to start practicing for that. The only problem today is, OP gears spoilt people, and covered up for most of their mistakes, so random squads are rarely co-ordinated. Which means faction practice runs are even more important.
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:22 am

I'm glad to see Tsar stating her feelings. Even so I actually was only one time at the PC, when I saw her asking for TT... I was in te middle of BH if I remember right. So I can't say much about the response on other times. If big TT runs are planned, I usually need ppl to come up to me, to make sure when I have time, a bit like a date...because even so I like TT, it takes up a lot time, that I won't have every day. So the only runs I can join spontaniously are maybe 1-1 or 2-1, because they are fast, and that's it.

Even so I think the whole issue with helping is the other side of the coin of the demanding way the game develops. Some feel they have the right to not try anything on their own, others feel obligated to help. I can only say: NO, it's a game! You die, so what? You lose a few % you can easily catch up in no time, most of the time. And I died a ton on my cleric, never heard anyone worrieing over my %, but I didn't mind really. I always felt happy, that I can at least save my squad some % after we wiped, but I wasn't a rezz machine either. I only rezzed ppl when I was available. It's a game mainly, no obligation, no 'have to', not even 'have to be 100 in 3 month'. It there is no squad in the middle of Arch, make one - lowbie or no-lowbie! You will be surprised how many highlevel answer a tele for low instances, because they are frankly bored as hell after reaching most of their goals.

These burden we put up on ourself too often...we really need to keep an eye on it - like whacking ourself when losing sight of the important things. Sometimes without even noticing, we sabotage our own fun, letting us chained down by dutys in a game (that's hilarious i itself). It's true that while TT90 was Epic in the beginning (molds were too btw), now ppl might even think you are underequipped, if you don't have at least R8 or Nirvana +10... but you know, I couldn't care less. I work on things I can manage to get, I couldn't care less about ppl telling me I'm fail...I don't even attempt to join those squads asking for weapons in their shout.

Most of the ppl by now forget how to play , if they think being epic means having too much RL money I wouldn't enjoy playing with them anyway... I wouldn't win, I would have no fun, no feeling good, because they are often like farmers hogging their slaughter material, while wanting to be the shiny hero in the middle, no team playing whatsoever...which is all a MMO game is about really. I might have super gear and be 100+ and then? Not much...my cleric is 100 for over one year now, I don't even feel the urge to level him, I'm waiting for all my friends to reach 100 and feel like having BH100. I only have 'crappy' 90TT gear so far and I survive a lot using all the tricks PWI and my skills offer. I also know that friends I trust wouldn't mind running with me wherever they go, knowing I will back them up with all my might...and they are the only ones I want to go Nirvana and such anyway...

It might once again end the circle in: but how will you get epic and accepted that way? I won't...especially not by all those stating that epic means to have ubergear. But what use does it have for me anyway? I don't want to be accepted by them, most of them talk like they never played for real. I can help the way I am. I help, when I have time and feel like it. I am useful in every dungeon the way I am, playing the part I should play in the team, I don't TW or PVP much... I have tiny goals I feel super happy about reaching... and so on. The way is the goal, but I admit, that's like being a dieing breed. I don't think many share this feeling in PWI, they got pressured to death. The community builds up demands and we can't help but feeling we should answer; I suppose. The spirit of rivalry can be a nasty one, but it fails on me, once I see how much someone can do, knowing their class. How much fun it is to play in a squad of ppl that value teamwork. I even had those with random squads, that's why I never feel ashamed to form squads outside of a faction.

That would mean, if I want Nirvana and I hate the spirit of 'show me your weapon or troll yourself', I will shout out to ppl like me saying: Come and join my good old, long-taking nooby Nirvana! No weapon requirement, if we make it till the end there is a party! You will be surprised how many ppl will answer. That's something I want to put in everybodys hand, because I never grew up relying on my faction for things I need... frankly because most are busy, wrong level or have no time and at some point you will always encounter that in whatever faction you are. Just always remind yourself of the things you really enjoy and if you see only overwhelming pressure, create your own way and shout out to all those that care about the game and not the status. There are many, but like always, they are more quiet, so you might forget they are there.

And regarding the answers here... Not many will. Some might not read it, because they don't go to the forums often. And even then---It's like 'a hot potato roasting on a fire topic' for many, even so actually it's not. Still, I doubt many feel like jumping in. But the main thing is, that it is spoken out loud once. It makes ppl reflect and think about what they want. Actually it's not bad thing at all.
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 10:38 am

Dear Hearties,

sorry for the relativ late reply but i just wanted to think it over before i answer and say something i regret later.
First of all you are both right, Nova & Travis.
BH is still in a crisis. A lot of the old members left were I thought they would never leave. But they are free to do so. Most said they want to start GW2 or go back to WOW anyway.
At first I was mad at Relax but now its just that im a bit disappointed of the ones who deserted. They are free to do so if they are happy with it but it left a sour taste.
And sooner or later Relax will be at the same point as we are now.

I also think its time for Mad to become Leader. Sorry Gor but yourself said you were looking for a new good leader since you wanted to stop playing. And I would say you found him. Mad is everyday on and knows whats going on in the faction and atm we really need that <.<
Mad is amazing ^.~ helps a lot and is calm. Sometimes a bit fast with the kick-button but that’s:
Na na na na na Mad-Man ^o^

Im also happy that Nova and Travis became Exe <.< Those two are really hardworking to recruit new members. Thank you so much *o*

After reading Tsars post I got really sad. And I also want to write down my thoughts about it.
I can t leave it as it is right now.
I think you are a bit unfair and biter.
BigHearts don t feel like BigHearts?.? I also miss some of the old Hearties like: Axe, Son, Fishmuffin and Yoko but I wouldn t say BigHearts isn t BigHearts anymore.
We are still helpful. Maybe to low lvls more thatn to highlvls.
We have nice members who are always there. Mad, Angel, Nova, Travis….
People from other factions see us more as the Carebears from PWI. They say we are great in raising but in the end most want to go TW or gain Rep as lot as they can (Base and so on. Even if you don t like that quests you are doing them right ^.~)
So you can say a lot of ppl are using us. But there are two sides: One who uses and the one who let themself get used.
I don t mind helping others lvling their chars. Helping when they need a tank or a cleric because they can t find one. Or when they need a boss. I do this because I see it as fun and not because I have to. If I don t want to I don t help.
Maybe I should remind you that PWI is a game. I also sometimes forget that (and Nova reminds me than ^o^thank you Nova)
I don t mind helping others getting TT-stuff if I have time. (Mostly at the weekends ^o^)
If someone don t reply Im not so selfcentered to think they all ignore me on purpose.
Some ppl don t feel that you have asked them. I remember ppl saying: sorry im t low
And they got a reply: I didn t mean you.
You are always clinging to those TT-Runs where no one wanted to help you. But I remember I saw you only asking once for a run. At a very late hour (at my timezone) and in a unkind way.
Those members we go tt with were maybe more persistent than you. They organized the subs and asked if or when ppl got time for tt.
As I said: On Weekends I have usually time for those runs.

We have a few ppl who are that demanding when it comes to coins, mats, plvl…and so on
But its up to each one if he responds to that demands. Mad usually kicks those who ask for coins.
A few are to lazzy to organize a bh-squad or look for one in archo or doing quests alone. But You don t have to help if you don t want to <.<
And recruiting ppl who don t need babysitting...thats a real joke ^o^ it belongs to the game, some just started and don t know anything about the game and im not just talking about plvlers.
Furthermore I don t think its rude if someone pms me for help.
Some ppl just look who is on and who could maybe help. And if they see a Marshall is on who is 99+ they think they can ask them for help.
I have also met ppl who were to shy to ask in the factionchat. Of course you got some assh### too but you can t put them all together.

The BigHearts Spirit isn t dead. And also isn’t the BigHearts mentality.
You are always crying about helping others, and you got no time for yourself. Then don t help >.< no one forced you. This is just a game! That topic really pisses me off!
You were always the first who said to help if someone asked and after it you start complaining.

Ppl remember who helped them often and that’s why they always come back to you then. Or you are the first they ask if they need something.
So maybe you are a bit stressless atm but as soon as you fall back to old behaviours you end up in the same situation.
To the Rezz-Machine-Thing:
Clerics are rare and ppl want to lvl so bad that they rather wait a hour for a rezz instead of going to town losing 4% or less and get 20%+ in the hour ^.~ Stupid if you ask me but that’s how a few are.
BTW the only ones who could rezz are clerics. Maybe you should raise a wiz instead ^.~ even more stressless.

I don t know why do you think that we hate you.
I don t hate you or blame you that you switched to another faction. You are free to deceide on your own. Im just a bit disappointed that you left and say that we Hearties are a selfish, ignorant bunch. Thought you know us better.
I wish you luck in Relax.

Back to top Go down
TsarBomba

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:43 am

/Eschenbow

I help because people need it, and I assumed (hoped is probably a better word now) people will help me back in return, not a one-sided relationship. If I'm the only one on that can help, then I will in an attempt to keep our members. But when I get no help in return, it starts to get annoying. I don't know about you, but I got very annoyed at that. Back in the day everyone helped everyone. Not how it is now. I've had the map culti for w4 for over a year, yet somehow I'm still not able to get a squad for it, even though you only need to be 85+ Almost everyone just wants to do their own thing. I tried asking random squads, but I levelled too slow. By the time I needed that quest rank was out. I suppose I'm too self-centered as you say, to expect the faction to provide some help?

I don't think PMing someone for help is rude either, unless it's someone you have not talked to EVER, don't know their name, or where they're from, and they just PM you asking you to res their friend. In english I could barely understand. If you do not find that rude, then your patience is incredible. I have a short temper, as you probably know that by now. At least something like 'hi I just joined your faction could you please help with something' would be nice.

Next point, the reason I 'cling' onto the TT runs is because I actually have been asking for a while. At first I asked at different times because people have different timezones. Same result. And why shouldn't I? Is clinging onto the fact that I can't get help from my faction that horrendous an idea? Why am I so different that I have to buy my own mats when others get theirs farmed for a fraction of the cost? I don't want to rip on you bow, but unless you have been monitoring my chat 24/7 over the past year and a half, I don't think you should make it seem like I only ever asked once. Towards the end, I guess I got bitter about it. I started asking less and less, until my irl friend knocked some sense into me. Like you said, it IS a game, but I also want to do some of the fun stuff which I can't because of the introduction of rank gear etc. I'm not asking help for rep badges, but just for the TT99 sleeve/boot mats I was planning to use with r8. Btw, I'm pretty sure my wording was 'anyone for TT 3-2?'. How is that unkind? Others ask for BH in the same way O_Oa

Also, I'm not too happy with how you call ME self-centered. Quite obviously, if people ALL suddenly be quiet as soon as I mention ANYTHING to do with a TT, I think that's pretty solid evidence they are ignoring it on purpose because they don't want to go. I don't think I even need to say I'll bring subs when it's for a run I need. I thought that was a given. I'm not a sub leecher if that's what you're implying.

I'm sorry if I insult you when I say this, but the old hearties you mentioned are relatively new ones to me. To you, we might not have changed much, but to me, the difference is like night and day. It follows that to me, the BigHearts mentality is gone. If you want to keep it going, I wish you and everyone else good luck. At the very least, I'm pretty sure it won't implode like the way Enrage did tongue

I'm also sorry if you thought I was referring to you when I called everyone here selfish. I was referring to the majority of members here, who don't know we all have our own things to do, and don't bother going to platform to ask first. Why do I think I'll stressed in Relax? I don't plan on taking an officers position again - that's why. No more pressure Smile Help when and who I want, and I don't risk someone bitching about me not helping them even though I'm an officer.

Every guild I've seen will die at one point or another. But so far Relax doesn't have even half the problems we do, though I'm certain one day it will fall apart too. I'm sorry your harem grew smaller :'( but it can't be helped. People come and go. If you are fine with us going if we're happy with it, then just keep it objective. I feel you are attacking me for it while trying to smooth it over by saying I'm free to do what I want. This thread was made to fix a problem, yet you are provoking a negative reaction from me, specifically. The only name drops I've used here (sans this post) are just for factual/thanking purposes. I chose not to mention names because that would start a shitstorm and derail the entire thread. I'm not one to mince over delicate details, but your arguments there are very biased, and seem intent on proving that nothing is wrong.

You may say it's not your (I'm using your to refer to BigHearts in general, not you specifically) fault that there are not many high levels, but just because it isn't your fault doesn't mean it isn't a problem. The only way to fix that problem is to bring the gap closer. I'm not saying kick out the current lowbies, I'm saying you should be looking to recruit a higher level bracket of people. The skewed ratio is seriously getting out of hand.

I understand that you are 'disappointed' and quite possibly angry with me, but that's just how I think of the situation, in all it's raw descriptions with no post-processing with how I word it. Well, I guess that's all I gotta say to you bow. In the end, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Jab at me if you will, but I'm not going to take back what I said. It's not in my nature to lie about my feelings, especially when it concerns something I hold dear to my heart.

Btw, edit: When was I always crying? Does one post suddenly make me a cry-baby? Rolling Eyes

Last edited by TsarBomba on Mon May 07, 2012 12:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 11:54 am

Yeah, true that you can't force someone to do something he doesn't want to do, especially on a game or simply the Net.
No one has the right to do so, and everyone has his own free will.

True again that most people left 'cause the faction doesn't have any base, don't do TW (even if for some all that was just a poor excuse, to my mind =p), or simply don't feel that they belong to the Big Hearts. It happens, that's their choice. But people should respect the fact too that BH mainly is a PVE faction.

In any case, it would be better for everyone if someone tells us before leaving. Only a detail - and a question of respect and education.

Another annoying point... everyone likes other things out of PWI. Sure, it's nice to share some other passions. But don't feel forced to try to make people move to another game for example... that's totally unrespectful. Some things went a little too far, to my opinion.

Second one was all this beginners are saying "I'm bored, I don't know what to do". Everyone has been a beginner someday in PWI, it's normal to be lost sometimes. But when they just keep on telling this, that's getting quite abnormal. How can you be bored in PWI (lol) ? There are so many quests now, so many quests that we didn't have in the early beginning of the game. That's why I always try to suggest them things to do... now after that, that's up to them to listen to an old shrimp or not.
Once again, there's no real problem, and the solution is quite simple. In the end, it's all up to them to make some efforts too.

What was the other point... hm, once again I repeat myself, but everyone is free to refuse to do something, as we all pointed it out in this subject. But just SAY it. Don't stay silent.
Sometimes, I start feeling really ridiculous being the only one to answer people that "I don't need help, but ty for asking" as I really don't need help for now. Travis is a big boy, he can handle himself. =p

That brings me to another detail : I'm sorry not to be able to help as often as I would for now, but soon (matter of a few days or weeks now) I will finally say "Anyone needs help ?" (and here, only a heavy silence will answer me lol).

Anyway, I'm a little happier that some more people reacted to this. And still, I feel quite confused about it... cause who am I in Big Hearts to open such a subject ? Why no one has ever talked about all this before ?

It's quite too late now. Even if I'll still try my best to make things move forward - but I can't change all this alone.

I'm used to do things on my own, as some of you might get it. Cause of what happened before, not because of BH.
First thing I do when I start something (BH, FF, whatever) is to ask in faction, but if no one answer I just go on my way and ask in world chat and all. It's a good habit we all have to teach to the "younger" players in Big Hearts. Once again, by discussing of it with them.

To conclude, I really think we got a chance to change things. But all together. No time for old angers, just time to talk about all this all together. INGAME. Believing that recruiting new people will change everything is just an illusion, cause they'll end up leaving BH as soon as they will realize they don't have everything they want in there - for any reason. Even if lowbies are future HL, of course.

So be sure that I'll start all this, if you want to (today if I can, and if everyone is here... but I really need to have a good and full night, I must say). You can call me the "trouble maker" now, I don't care at all.
When I used to be the Leader, I never let anyone of my faction alone, and every trouble was solved by discussing (or shouting, it depended on people lol) - or keep on trying to make the person talk, by any way. I was pretty good at that game, I must confess. =p

And I intend to do the same here, to make things go on a better way - no matter it will please people or not. I don't care, it's not time to think in a "oneself" way now.

The right question now is : will you all follow me ?

Last edited by TravisTdown on Mon May 07, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
TsarBomba

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 12:10 pm

I forgot who was online at the time, but I did tell people in faction chat the day I left. I had a few tests coming up the same week so I didn't post about it until today, sorry about that. Best of luck trav!
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:05 pm

I wasn't talking about you Tsar. Wink
I was here when you said goodbye to all, and explained us why you left. If you want a name, I was thinking about Sin_Richard for example, as he was the last to leave the faction without a word. But that's his choice, I don't mind and don't have to.

An important thing to remember about basic communication is that I'm responsible of what I say, but not of what it may provoke to the others. Everyone is free to feel concerned by some of my words, even if it wasn't my goal. It's a human thing after all.

Anyway, that's not really the subject here. Hope more people will take a look at all this now.

Last edited by TravisTdown on Mon May 07, 2012 2:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 1:10 pm

Actually I think we shouldn't get at each others throat. In the end it is all freedom of opinions and the difference in goals and the overall thinking. I can say that I never met such a helpful faction like BH before. And yes that covers the tiny ones more than the high levels... it's not anyones fault, if ppl get high level and leave, it's their decision. But everyone started as low level once and if you want dedicated high level you can only try being a good faction mate for them early on...within personal limits of course.
Someone thinking or not understanding, that all of us have our own things to do, too, wouldn't be a good heartie anyway. It's not wrong to say: 'sorry I'm in a run right now' or 'sorry, I need to sleep soon'. Same freedom applies to everyone and we have a lot of ppl helping, so if one can't usually another does. But remember that negative answers are harder to speak out, than positive...so you will encounter silence, if asking something, that no one needs or can help with right now. It's human psychology and easy predictable.

Nevertheless, it's a vicious circle. High levels stop playing or leave and that will always be the case - leaving the other high levels with the same troubles once again. Even in factions where I got promised to get all done, soon it all crumbled. You will see me shrug over that, I don't think my faction has the obligation to help me get all my stuff...which is precisely because I know, they have other things to do, too, and most things in PWI can be pretty time consuming. So I will ask first if someone needs it, too... shared pain is half pain... then I ask friends and -if needed- I form a squad myself or join a random one.
There are various ways and I am happy, when I get help, but don't blame anyone if I get none. I don't expect much, I enjoy the company. For me the faction is a place I spend time with ppl I like and a place to go home, too, to chit chat or goof around. I help, when I can, I ask, when I have things to share, including special runs and so forth - so this might make it easy to understand, why I say certain things. Plus, I was in too many factions by now until they died out.

BigHearts was always meant to be a relaxed place with no obligations, I got told. That's how I felt about it, too. I don't want it to suffer from the typical superficial pressure to perform, that goes around in PWI more and more these days. Then again, games do display all the aspects of human nature and I don't mean the good ones by that...that also got heavily strengthened by the PWI policy. In the end we can't complain much over the cs, they just give us what the mass is willing to pay for. Pay for glory, perform for glory - this will always work, best way to make money for a game.

And yes, I plan on getting TT99, too. Worst case I will go 2-1 over and over until I can afford it (plus farming and herbs;)). And actually seeing how plussing up is half of the holy grail today, I might save the coins and troubles and just buy a piece TT99 with less than 4 sockets, that is already +4 or +5 or something, because it already costs the same as a +5 orb alone would (+5 is around 24 mill... and I'm neglecting the cost of getting it up to +4 fully already in that calculation). I'm just saying this as a tip, it's worth keeping in mind that actually the plussing of the gear is what makes the difference and that this is hellish expensive. It's so expensive, that you get 'flawed' gear (means no 4 sockets) with good plussing on it cheaper...But that's not the real issue here, I just wanted to state that.

Like our shrimp god said, we should discuss this ingame to our hearts content (and because it reaches all). Anyway, it's all about a firm faction base (I mean players;)) and recruiting some nice ppl (usually 1 out of 10;)) and openly make dates for certain things. Like the day before yesterday someone asked for RB right before I had to go bed, so I couldn't help. If we could somewhat time that early on, that would be great. Plus, if things with bosses get overhand, I would suggest a boss day as it was done in factions early on. 1 day dedicated mainly to kill bosses, ppl need. So they basically collect bosses and once per week we go slay, what is needed, if something is needed. I would also propose this, if a lot of TTs/RBs/Nirv and such are needed. Timing is the key and most ppl have a high level somewhere up their sleeve...so the forming of a squad should be no unsolvable problem, because aren't pressured then. They know, they can prepare and do their things before and everyone gets the freedom to not feel pressured inbetween those days.
Back to top Go down
MadNSanE
Admin

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

Sry it took me long to respond, for some reason couldn't log on forum for a week. Thank You for Your tips and concern, i would like to make a meeting in Game to discuss this Problems and to find ways to recruit and make our faction stronger and by stronger i mean more active. for example me and bow talked about it b4 is that we raise Money and send Teles for executors and marshals to recruit More People. and also i would like to discuss the matter of new members behavior. all marshals and executors are invited to the meeting. I dont know when you guys can be online. so Lets FInd a suitble time for every1 Thank You.
Back to top Go down
MadNSanE
Admin

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 07, 2012 4:08 pm

By the way MadNSanE = AmazinglyMad
Back to top Go down
gorram

gorram

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: NEW LEADER   SOS Big Hearts EmptyMon May 21, 2012 4:04 pm

Someone step up please if they want leader. I have said before I didn't not want LEADER. But no one ever responds to that remark. Why, because you don't want to deal with the issues at hand. You want someone else too. Whoever thinks I haven't tried is wrong. I have tried.. with Axe, who had to leave becuase of internet issues.. i have tried with Mad, who also said he does not want. So.. there you have it in a nutshell. Can't have a faction unless people are willing to work at it.. not only the leader.. The leader gets tired of being the only one.. and now Mad.. he has worked too hard and for too long. It is just more than 1 or 2 people can deal with. So, once again, step up if you are interested.

the faction can only survive if the members are willing to put effort into it, which has turned out not to be the case. They run when things get a little off kilter.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

SOS Big Hearts Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Big Hearts   SOS Big Hearts Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Big Hearts
Page 1 of 1